- Licensed Professional Counselor
New Jersey, License 37P00336400
- Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor
New Jersey, License 37LC00090100
- International CADC
ICADC, License 20752
- Critical Incident Stress Debriefing
- Critical Incident Stress Management with Children
- Certified Intervention Professional
Pennsylvania Certification Board, License #I0077
- American Counselors Association
- The Association of Student Assistance Professionals of New Jersey
- The Association for Addiction Professionals
- Association of Intervention Specialists
- Employee Assistance Professional Association
- The New Jersey Chapter of the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators
- The New Jersey Collaborative Law Group
I earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology from Rutgers in 1976 and a Masters in Psychological Services from Kean University in 1982. I have since been certified as a Licensed Professional Counselor and Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor in New Jersey.
I have provided alcohol and substance abuse treatment, sexual and process addiction counseling and mental health services for over twenty years. I also developed a variety of treatment techniques to address individual, couples, family, and adolescent issues. I specialize in working with adolescents and adults who experience mental health, impulse control and behavioral issues. In addition, I often assist clients with problems pertaining to anger and rage.
During my career, I have provided acute and inpatient care at U.M.D.N.J., Princeton House, and Progressions Group. I also work regularly with the Juvenile Justice and Adult Probation and Parole programs; evaluating and treating court-mandated clients. I have similarly developed a longstanding referral relationship with the clinical staff in many public, parochial and private institutions that provide educational services to adolescents and teens.
I continue to serve as a consultant to corporations in the areas of employee assistance counseling and behavioral interviewing training. I frequently provide training on a variety of topics related to mental health, communication, co-parenting, co-dependency and addictions to a variety of organizations. Above all, I continue to show individuals, couples and families compassion and personal understanding during periods of severe emotional stress.
Updated on 2018-01-26T14:36:21+00:00, by .